Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Twinkies....it's what I live for.

If you see me happy, it's probably because of something they've said or done to make me smile.

If you see me angry, it's probably because I'm protecting them.

If you see me sad, it's probably because I'm feeling their pain.

If you see me worried, it's probably because I see them struggling.

If you see me overwhelmed, it's probably because they've driven me crazy.

If you see me at peace, it's probably because they are at peace....for now.

As a mom, most of what I choose to do it for my children.  Sometimes it makes me do things I never thought I'd do....extremely good things and extremely surprising things.  I would lay my life on the line for them...which means I would lay my friendships on the line, my work on the line, my hobbies on the line.  You name it, and I would sacrifice it for them.  I never used to understand it when people used to say to me, "Someday when you have kids, you'll understand."  That comment used to drive me crazy.  Now, I get it.  Children bring a perspective to your life that is unimaginable.  If I had never known it, I would have managed without it, but I am blessed to know, and grateful for the opportunity every day to be happy, angry, sad, worried and overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment